Another Butterfly Birthday card

I don’t dare count how many birthday cards I have made featuring butterflies; I know there are many. My elder daughter turned 18 today and this is the card we gave her.

This is a very familiar layout from me; the little variation is that I brayered the background this time instead of sponging. The background flowers were repeatedly stamped to get the variation of dark and pale.

Thank you for the kind comments you left hear while I was away. I thoroughly enjoyed my week by the lake and then had fun catching up on the comments when I returned. Thanks to everyone who participated in my last OLW challenge; I haven’t caught up on commenting yet but I will visit all your submissions before my turn comes around again!

Supplies

Stamps: Flower among Flowers, To You…, Social Butterfly (PB)
Ink: Memento Teal Zeal & Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

10 Comments on “Another Butterfly Birthday card”

1. Karenajo says:

I never get tired of butterflies ! Love your simply elegant cards !

2. Jan Castle says:

Oh Heather…your work is beautiful – I’m sure your daughter loved the card!
    Our ‘Ink’ll Do’ group did a wonderful take on your one layer cards…I know I had fun making my 6 cards for the swap! Thank you again for the inspiration!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan in Salem, Oregon, USA

3. Marja says:

Heather I have said it many times, but I do it again. Your work is so beautiful, cretive and stylish. Love it also this card with the butterflies.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

4. Deanna says:

Heather I don’t mean to sound so redundant but your work is just gorgeous and always inspiring to me ~Deanna

5. Agno says:

Hi
    I love your card
    The blue is so nice!!!!
    Could i ask wich ink did u use???
    Because i am trying with my tool the result is not nice….
    You should make a video tutorial for us!!!!
    Kisses and pleaze continu create

6. Anita says:

Just a gorgeous card with the butterflies and congrats with your daughter birthday.

Anita

Butterflies are such a go-to image, aren’t they? They work perfectly on this classic layout.

8. Maureen Chandler says:

Oh, I love this card – so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!

9. Gabby says: