Take one, take two

I have missed stamping during the last few busy weeks so  the sketch at Less is More was a nice way to get back into it this weekend. The sketch features a square card base but I think a little artistic license is allowed so my cards are rectangular.

My first attempt didn’t make it into this post but the one below is similar.  I masked a rectangle in the top left corner and rolled some music notes across it.  I added colour by sponging and then removed the mask.  My intention was to stamp two leaves, one falling onto the coloured panel and one falling off.  When I dropped the stamp onto the top left hand edge I had to add another leaf, then another to balance and before long leaves fell down the whole card.

My second card is not a one layer but it is more to my liking. I did the same sponging and musical notes on a panel but added a larger gold leaf and then popped it up on stampin’ dimensionals. Now that I have had a chance to stamp again I also need to get back to my intention to accept Susan’s challenge to send thank you cards to loved ones before Thanksgiving.  None sent yet…so that shouldn’t be too hard to improve on!

Stamps: With Gratitude, Kind Thanks, Music notes roller (SU)
Inks: Encore gold, Apricot Appeal, Ruby Red, Real Rust, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory
Also: Gold Glory e.p.

25 Comments on “Take one, take two”

1. Chrissie says:

These are simply stunning Heather, I love the tumble of leaves on the first card and the embossing on the second one is fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    “Less is More”

2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that first card! The detail on those leaves –rockin!!

3. sue says:

Heather, I love how you turned an accident into such a lovely card! We’ve all dropped stamps, but I’ve never been able to turn that into anything good. Your cascade of leaves is lovely. The colors you used for sponging are gorgeous together, and are beautiful fall leave colors. The single embossed leaf in your second card really sets off the sponged colors, and I’m sure is even more beautiful in real life.

4. Marja says:

I am glad to see you back Heather and your cards are marvelous.
    Beautiful layout and details. love the sentiments and colours.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

5. Vicky says:

Great to see you back Heather and with two such beautiful cards! I love the images you’re using here and the fallen leaves in the first and the beautiful embossed leaf in the second look wonderful.

6. Joan V says:

These are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

7. jan c says:

absolutely love these cards…I so look forward
    to your cards…I did the distress inks with
    acrylic boards, post it notes, and stencils I
    made using nesties at our club last week… We
    had a ball… Will do it at two more clubs
    in Oct.. Your my inspiration!!!!

8. Rosemary D says:

wow… both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

9. Lisa A says:

Hi Heather! WOW…these are stunning!! I love them both…you have inspired me with your creativity…simply beautiful:)!!!!

10. Suze Bain says:

Heather, these are beautiful. Fabulous falling leaves and the embossed one is stunning. x

11. Heather, I really, REALLY like the first card, the accident that turned into a wonderful design! The second card is also lovely, but the falling leaves of the first really call to my heart!

12. Ardyth says:

I call that (dropping the stamp on the card) “Design by accident”. Sometimes, like here, it takes you great places!

13. Sarah Jay says:

These are gorgeous, Heather. Your sponged areas have such amazing depth of color, as always.

14. Judy says:

Lovely cards! I love how your “accident” produced such a beautiful result.

I like both of these cards a lot… and I think I may have to CASE them! Beautiful.

16. mandi says:

Both are outstanding Heather
    Mandi LIM

17. Aileen says:

Two super cards. Love the falling leaves and the embossing on the second. x

18. eloise allen says:

I love the falling leaves! Beautiful!

19. Two super cards,I love everything about them :O) Viv xx

20. Jen W. says:

These are both stunning! Your cards are true works of art. 🙂

21. i really like/love what you are doing and how you are doing it… have to do something like yours… thanks for inspiration.

22. Heather, looking at the first card, I could not guess how you would improve upon it. Then I see the second and I love it as much, if not more. I go back and forth, loving first one and then the other. Nope, I have no preference. They’re both incredible works of art, deceptively simple in appearance, but it takes a skilled hand to create such beauty.

23. KK says:

Both stunners!

24. Oooh, I love both of these cards, but I think I’m with you on a slight preference for the 2nd one. x

25. Brenda says:

lovely cards, both…love the differences and the likenesses…and appreciate your sharing the process of them. thank you~