Summer forever

The nights are getting cooler here but the days are still lovely so I thought another summer scene would be appropriate.  It won’t be long before it is all autumn colours. Unlike others who are already posting their Christmas designs, I can’t seem to stamp too much out of season. I guess I am inspired by whatever’s happening outside.

This is the type of scene that I usually do on a one layer card but I think it works with a thin black mat also. I sponged a blue and green background between two masks before removing the masks and adding the tree and sentiment.

Have a great weekend.

Stamps: Trees (Darkroom Door) Season of Friendship (SU)
Inks: Basic Black, Brocade Blue ,Certainly Celery
Cardstock: SU Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Basic Black

11 Comments on “Summer forever”

1. sue says:

Lovely, Heather! That sentiment really works well with this, too — friends make summer last forever in our hearts. And I do like this on a colored CS background, too, with the thin black framing it. Lovely!

2. Vicky says:

Gorgeous Heather! I rather like the glimpses of pale blue card stock too and the thin black mat. I know what you mean about Christmas cards. Ideally I’d make them in December but that’s never going to work!

3. Leslee says:

I adore this card! Love the panel on the black mat (I’m a sucker for a little black). The colors are a beautiful combination.

4. Miranda says:

Lovely card Heather and beautiful colours! It’s good to be inspired by Nature and let us see what you create……greetz, Miranda

5. jan c says:

I just so enjoy these cards you make with
    these layers…. Keep it up!!!!!!

6. Marja says:

Heather I have no words for this, so gorgeous, so bueaitful Love this nature scene very much. It’s beautiful stamped. Great.
    Have a nice weekend and greet
    Marja

7. Elizabeth says:

Gorgeous card – the inked background is beautiful. Elizabeth x

8. GinaA says:

Fabulous colours, great inking.

This is beautiful! I love the green/blue combination for the sponging and the blue base.

10. Marja says:

It’s gorgeous Heather. The ink background is super beautiful. Love this nature scene.
    Lovely great Marja