OLW 20 Three Plus One

This week Susan’s One Layer Wednesday challenge is to use three images and a sentiment.  If possible avoid embellishments, but that isn’t mandatory!  I have two for this challenge:  same layout and technique but different colour schemes.  If you have visited here lately you will see I am still masking and sponging.  As the current Speedy the Cat’s Friends Challenge is to use fall colours, I will participate in that one too.

To create these two cards I punched the squares out of  post it notes to create the mask then sponged and  stamped the images before removing the mask.  I am enjoying stamping in autumn colours but in real life I am clinging to the last days of summer; perhaps that is why I did one in summer colours as well.

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, With Gratitude, Upsy Daisy, Hugs and Wishes
Inks: Summer Sun, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory

16 Comments on “OLW 20 Three Plus One”

1. Joan V says:

Oh my Heather, these are just gorgeous!!!!!! Yes, the second one still lets you feel that summer is still here. It is such a peaceful card. The autumn color one makes you feel like football season and pumpkin pie. Thanks for posting these absolutely wonderful cards.

2. Robyn says:

Your cards are fabulous! Especially like the second one-reminds me of the Aussie “bush”. TFS!

3. Pam Hornschu says:

Love the simplicity of these. Very effective use of white space!

4. I for one am thrilled to see ANOTHER way touse this technique! I ADORE this and it is fun just to see how many different ways you can do it! It will become “Heather’s Technique” You go girl!

5. Terri (blindstamper) says:

Both are beautiful! I’m going to have to work up the nerve to try this!

6. I love both of your cards!!! What a wonderful job you did on the masking and sponging!!! I definitely need to try this!

7. Dallas says:

Absolutely gorgeous! You’re an expert on masking and sponging and you’ve inspired me to try my hand already but I’ve got to practice more :o)

8. Oh goodie I get to comment 2x’s – LOVE this card! Thanks for playing with Speedy’s Friends! (I missed it yesterday that you were playing with SCF challenge – HA – you can tell I just looked at the card!)

9. Bonnie says:

I love both of these cards! How fun to make one in warm colors and one in cool. You did a wonderful job of getting the squares placed so perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration.

10. Mustavcoffee says:

Hi there, both are beautiful cards, love the colours particularly on the second:0) xx

11. geri says:

Beautiful CAS card!!!! I love it!!!!
    Thanks for playing at Speedy’s Friends.

12. Heather, these are both FABULOUS!!!! I’m so inspired by your spate of sponging. You’re rockin’ it!

13. Lynn McAuley says:

I love these awesome autumn beauties!!

Thank you so very much, Heather, for sharing these remarkable cards with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week’s fall colors challenge!!

14. Harriet Skelly says:

Oh my these are gorgeous and I have to case them!! Thanks for playingwith Speedy the Cat’s Friends!!

15. joanne/jojot says:

so simple and yet so eye catching….love it….thanks for playing with Speedy’s Friends this week

16. Janet says:

Love these – especially the blue as it’s my colour!