Out the back door

Floral inspiration today but not the stamped and painted kind. I thought I would give you a glimpse of my backyard garden. I am not a knowledgeable or careful gardener but after years of working and learning the half circle garden is thriving and blooming.

I am not the only one who has put time into this garden. For the last couple of years my daughter has spurred me on by spending hours weeding and mulching. During past visits my dad has done plenty of digging and weeding also.

Several friends with expertise have guided me along the way.

It’s not fancy but it is pretty. My mother, an avid gardener would be surprised but pleased so see how much time I spend on this pastime.

13 Comments on “Out the back door”

1. Carol Celeste says:

this is beautiful. I too enjoy looking out at my simple garden.

2. creatingincolors says:

So beautiful and peaceful. Love.

3. Connie S. says:

Your gardens are looking better than mine. Very lovely.

4. Love all the colours! Beautiful 💐

5. marilyn418 says:

Just beautiful!! Gardening is therapy…

6. Jan Castle says:

Lovely! A wonderful respite and inspiration for you!!!! TFS

7. Roxy says:

Wow what a beautiful pleasure 💕💕💕

8. Loll says:

Beautiful garden Heather. You can tell that it was made and tended with love from you and your family. What a lovely place to sit and just enjoy the view!

9. Clelie says:

Loved seeing your beautiful flowers and hearing of your garden’s “journey”. My mom had a green thumb and could take a bare area and make a jungle of beauty. I expected I had inherited her talent and have come to the realization that is NOT so. After years of frustrated expectations, I am finally at peace with my little pale-green thumb and appreciate the small garden victories God gives me. ☺ This spring we lost two trees in our backyard from a catastrophic ice storm. After weeks and weeks of cleanup, I have discovered little gifts popping up here and there with the new sun-lit areas. One little rose is about 18″ high now and I cannot wait to see what color it will bring!…and it looks so HEALTHY!

10. Joann says:

absolutely beautiful

A beautiful tranquil space Heather and I just adore the range of plants you have..so so pretty! x

12. ND says:

This is a very late reply, with my purpose being to affim all the appreciative comments you have received. I can testify to the hard work involved in removing “runner weeds” and bringing the soil to a reasonable quality. Your mother would be greatly proud of you and, had Covid not intervened, I might have enjoyed also smelling the fragrance of what you have so beautifully made and portrayed in this post..