Pink blooms

Green birthday blooms

Today’s cards feature another of Penny Black’s pretty background stamps:  Sweetness. I started by making a large floral panel triple the size of the panels you see here using almost the whole background stamp. I embossed the  image with clear embossing powder. The coverage wasn’t 100% but I don’t mind that because it makes a batik-like effect.  After embossing I sponged Memento Rosebud ink over the flowers varying the amount of colour and adding some with a marker. The leaves and stems are sponged with Memento New Sprout and you can see on the card below I also sponged a little Dandelion ink.

I played around with the large panel and a green mat, eventually deciding to slice the panel into three pieces to try and make it look a bit like a Chinese screen. The three panels were still too much for my clean and simple ways so I tried a single panel per card ending up with the two you see here. I didn’t have quite the right pink card stock to mat the card below so I used a lighter pink and sponged the edges with Rose bud ink.

Pink Birthday blooms

Have a wonderful day.

Stamps:  SweetnessTo You… (PB)
Inks: Memento Rose Bud, New Sprout, Dandelion & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Mix & Match cardstock rose garden & spring meadow
Also: Clear embossing powder

32 Comments on “Pink blooms”

1. JayNine says:

perfectly sweet and seasonal!
    love the inspiration!

2. Jan Douglas, Florida says:

I look at all your blog posts that you send via email and your art is really pretty. My apologies that I don’t comment on every post, but just wanted to say I love your art, techniques and the card today is really beautiful.

3. Isabelle P. says:

Elles sont vraiment superbes ! J’aime beaucoup !

4. Marie says:

Stunning cards, Heather. Thanks for your inspirational posts and for sharing your work process through which we can learn.

5. Francie in Montreal says:

Another wonderful post and ready to file in my beautiful and clever folder. You come up with the neatest techniques and get the most stunning results. I love these card and plan on trying out your method. Thanks, eh.

6. Brittaj in Sydney says:

As usual I enjoyed your card post very much Heather! A question for you – it looks as though the card stock was put through an embossing folder first (I looked at the stamp online but it seems to be quite solid between the flowers). Is this just the ‘not 100% coverage’ and if so it is a very regular ‘non coverage’. I think it looks great and would like to create that myself. Any tips?
    Cheers from Down Under – weather is great 🙂

• Heather says:

The uneven look of the embossing is the heat embossing. I am not sure whether it is due to my versamark ink pad(which is old) or the embossing powder(which is new) I would need to do some experimenting.
      Give it a try with a solid stamp rather than an outline; you might get the same effect.

I am sure the whether is great Down Under – I think March is one of the nicest times for weather in Australia; NSW and Vic anyway. Enjoy.

7. Cornelia says:

Sooooo pretty, but I like the second card better. Love the embossing on both cards!

8. Darlene Satkewich says:

Both cards are absolutely stunning! I love checking out your blog everyday to see what new technique you are sharing. Thank you and I am learning alot!

9. Heidi says:

They are both so simple and beautiful! Great idea to split up the background stamp!

10. Vicki B says:

Oh so pretty…………..both cards!

11. Jan Castle says:

Beautifully done Heather!!!!

12. Helen J says:

Gorgeous cards!

So very pretty! I like the look of the embossing and colouring.

14. suemcrae says:

This is such a pretty way to use the Sweetness stamp.

15. Linda says:

Very pretty, but where’s panel #3?

16. Sally H says:

As always, Heather you are wonderfully inspiring! I love these stamps – think I may need to go shopping!

17. Cheryl M. says:

just beautiful!

18. Mary H. says:

Really like that slicing idea…I could use that one to salvage a boo-boo sometimes. This is a lovely stamp – must try to find it! What you did with it, is stunning. Love the fresh & springlike colors. I’m a sucker for flower stamps anyhoo. TFS & explaining your how-to’s. Hugs & hope your Easter was filled with blessings.

19. genamarie {stormy} howard says:

heather, where do you get your greetings, i just love them and have to have a few.

stormy howard

• Heather says:

Hi Genamarie,
      All the greetings are from Penny Black, if you click on the link in my “supplies” list it will take you to each stamp set.
      Thanks for visiting.

20. Tanvi says:

Heather I have been following your blog for a while now……….I just love your work, it is so inspiring!!Totally loved the coloring of the blooms.

21. moonbud says:

Gorgeous, as usual, Heather! Love the idea of using a background stamp as the focal image. I’m going to take another long look at my background stamps – or going to buy some new ones with flowers in them, like this one!

22. Sally J says:

Beautiful cards and inking – love the idea of splitting the background stamps into smaller sections. Thank you for providing tutorials for your card making process. Each of your cards is a work of art.

23. Moz says:

I absolutely love these cards and the technique! I have posted two cards on my blog today using the same technique, but mine are not as pretty as yours are. I will certainly try again.
    Thanks for sharing.

24. Gery says:

What a very beautiful cards are these, Heather!
    I read your discription very well and I realy will try this out.
    Hope it will look a little bit as beautiful as your cards :))
    Groetjes Gery

25. Love your cards Heather!
    Thank You so much for sharing your techniques with us 😉

26. Anne from France says:

These are just so beautiful! I love how you have transformed this stamp and it looks almost oriental! Great inspiration, lovely technique. TFS!

27. Pamela G says:

I really love these cards, Heather. They are so fresh and spring-like. The panel almost looks like embossed wallpaper. This is a great idea for using some of my large stamps which never see the light of day! Thank you very much for another great idea.

28. Cathy R says:

These are just beautiful Heather! Great idea to make panels of the larger stamps, thank you. Cathy

29. Lee says:

Very beautiful and such nice clean lines. Thank you.

30. Jen says:

I love these cards so much, and had to buy the stamp so I could have a go! Thanks so much for the inspiration!