Watercoloured Pumpkins

As Penny Black continues to reveal new stamps I have a watercoloured card featuring the new Pumpkins stamp. This card is a little “busier” than my usual CAS designs but I managed to persevere to the end and include six layers!

To create the pumpkin picture I wet the watercolour paper and stamped the pumpkins in Memento Peanut Brittle ink which immediately bled into the wet paper. I then coloured the pumpkin, stems and leaves with watercolour pencils, added some ‘ground’ and let it dry. Once dry I stamped the pumpkins again in Versafine Vintage Sepia and added some blue sponging in the background.

I covered the card front with some of the new Madison designer paper from Penny Black and stuck a little bit on my rolled corner too.

Better get back to the Olympics coverage; we have been very impressed with the Australian team and we get excited about the Canadians too – as long as there isn’t an Aussie in the mix! Seriously we are just loving watching world class sport every day.

Stamps: PumpkinsFoliage Fancy , (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Peanut Brittle, Olive Grove, Summer Sky & Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers Grand Canyon & Olive Grove, Madison Designer Paper
Also: Faber Castell Watercolour pencils

6 Comments on “Watercoloured Pumpkins”

1. Mary H. says:

This is so different from your usual cards, but oh, so very pretty. Would not have thought to try Momento inks on wet watercolor paper. Thanks for the new idea to try. TFS

Beautiful watercolouring, Heather. I must try stamping on dampened watercolour paper! Enjoy watching the last few days of the Olympics!

3. Judy says:

Lovely water coloring and the folded edge with the pp is such a perfect touch!

4. Ann Y. says:

I’m getting caught up on your blog, Heather. This is gorgeous. I love your watercoloring and the way you stamped the image onto wet paper so it bled a little. It’s so pretty. It may have six layers but it’s not to busy at all. I love it.

5. DigiDarla says:

Simply gorgeous card!!! LOVE it!

6. Gabby says: