Posies

The designers at Penny Black are featuring their favourite stamp sets from the new catalogue this week and next week. I chose the slapstick/cling  stamp, Posies and worked in three different colour schemes.

I created the floral panel for the one above on white cardstock by inking the stamp with markers, spritzing it with water, stamping it and then repeatedly stamping the sentiment from the transparent set  …wishes. I then sliced up the panel and sponged each section. The card base is Penny Black’s Mix & Match Summer Sun cardstock.

I used markers again to ink the Posies stamp for the card above, stamped and then punched three squares out of the panel. I lined the squares up and stamped the letter background before adding a little sponging and mattes to define the edges. The sentiment is again from the …wishes set.

I sponged a panel on white cardstock, sponged it in three colours and then stamped the Posies in black before matting and adding it to the cardbase also stamped with the Posies stamp. The sentiment is …to you. The card base is Penny Black’s Mix & Match Olive Grove cardstock.

Thanks for dropping in; make sure you keep checking the Penny Black blog to see all the designers’ favourites.

12 Comments on “Posies”

1. Gibmiss says:

Hi heather
    Love all three cards”…… Love the stamp… I have just ordered it …… Love all your cards
    Hugs
    Sylvie x

2. Lisa says:

I love how each card is so different with one stamp!!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for the new ideas!

3. Gin says:

I just love the cards that you made. I especially love that you used the same stamp in various ways! You have given me inspiration to use some old stamps that I have neglected for too long in a new and different way. I hope to have several nice cards completed easily , each with a little twist! thank you so much for sharing and for the unique approach to using stamps in new ways! What inspiration you are to me! ~Gin~

4. sue says:

Heather, I am hard pressed to pick a favorite of these 3 beautiful cards! The first one is so summery and bright I just love it. I’m a very flowery-stamping person, and this one is something I know I’ll copy. The second one is really a CAS card with a punch. Sponging the 3 squares really makes them jump out. The third card’s panel is lovely, as is the background stamping. Your 3 cards certainly show how very versatile this stamp is. It makes me realize sometimes I use a stamp only one way, when there are more options if I’ll just think a bit!

5. Judy says:

Lovely cards! I love how you gave the stamp a very different look with each of these cards!

6. Heather your use of this stamp is brilliant! Fabulous ideas tucked into these designs!

Wow! Look at these bright, coloured card bases! Three awesome cards, Heather.

8. T J says:

Your cards are just beautiful. I would love to try card making, do you have any suggestions for some basics for a newbie to put together a starter kit?

9. Brenda says:

A beautifully sunny card Heather.

B x

10. Stephanie L says:

Heather, I love all of these. I rarely use yellow, but I am going to have to give it a try.

11. Vicky says:

A lovely variety of cards with this stamp Heather – I particularly like the second with the three squares design and those gorgeous colours.