Seashells

I made this card quite some time ago and posted it to my dad who has been undergoing cancer treatment. I didn’t send the card alone; it was part of a package of bits and pieces that I thought my parents would like. To keep the cost down I sent the package by surface mail, thinking that it might take 6 weeks perhaps. My parents received it a few days ago, 10 weeks after I posted it.  As my dad reads this blog I wanted to post him a card he hadn’t already seen. There was a card for my mother in there too but it has been so long that I can’t remember which one it was!

The news has been good since I sent that card, the last two cycles of my father’s chemotherapy have been cancelled because of the success of the treatments he has had since August. He will start a new type of treatment in February.

My parents live in Australia as I did for the first 35 years of my life and the weather is warming up for them. So although a card with seashells on it might seem out of place for those of us seeing snow outside, it is not for Aussies looking forward to their summer holidays.

Stamps: Shells(Stampworld), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Inks: Summer Sun, More MustardChocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: Whisper White

9 Comments on “Seashells”

1. Judy says:

Lovely! I love how the images go outside the square. Great that
    your father got good news and gets a break from chemotherapy!

2. Marja says:

Beautiful Heather and I love always your soft and elegance layout..
    Warm colors.
    Lovely greet and a nice Sunday.
    Marja

3. Donna H says:

This is a lovely card and layout.

4. Vicky says:

Hi Heather
    What a gorgeous card with those sealife outlines on that gorgeous sunny square! Great to hear the good news about your father too.
    It’s lovely to see you back in Blogland! I have no way of contacting you other than here, and I know you’ve been busy recently, but I’ve been wanting to say thank you for your comments and support.
    Vicky x

It’s so good to see you back with a card, Heather! I can certainly understand that your mind has been elsewhere, especially when you can’t be there yourself. Good that your dad is doing well, and what a warm and cheering card you sent him.

6. ND says:

And what a delight it was to receive this card and the message it contained!!

ND

7. 10 weeks… oh my. But what a treat for your dad to receive this beautiful creation. Wonderful news, too, about the success of his treatments.

8. Ann Y says:

Another lovely card. I like how the image extends beyond the masked square. Ann Y.

9. A beautiful CAS card. Good to have hopeful news about your Dad x