Sponged Circles

The Less is More challenge for this week is to use circles.  I had fun creating this card with plenty of circles sponged across it.  I started by randomly stamping and embossing a bunch of little flowers from SU’s Itty Bitty Buds set.  As they were embossed in clear they were not easily seen at this stage.  To reveal them I sponged green, purple, orange and pink circles over the top.  The fun part was watching parts of the flowers appear. The sponging was done through post-it notes masks made with circle punches.

As usual there is oodles of inspiration to be found on the Less is More blog.  Check it out.

Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions for solving my black stamp pad dilemma.  I appreciate the time you took sharing the techniques and products which work for you.  I might experiment with a few new products.  I think the problem may have been that my stamp pad and my stamp were both a little concave as neither were new and both get quite a bit of use.

Stamps:  Itty Bitty Buds(SU), Best is Yet
Inks: Versamark, Passion Pink, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, Old Olive
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White
Also: Clear e.p.

26 Comments on “Sponged Circles”

1. Chrissie says:

Heather this is fabulous! I love emboss resist as a technique and this is a really novel way of using it.
    Super colours and lots of lovely circles!
    Thanks so much once more!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    “Less is More”

2. sue says:

What a bright, summery card! I love the colors you chose. I also like that you did the flowers first, and then sponged the circles; I think it adds a lot of interest that the flowers are not centered in the circles. And your sentiment fits perfectly! I will definitely try this technique. Thanks for sharing this lovely card.

3. hella says:

SUPER! Love the bright colors.

4. MonicaB says:

Love the bright colors and how you embossed the flowers. Beautiful card!

5. Marja says:

Heather this is beautiful. Super bright colours. Your combination sponsing en stampling is splendid.
    A beautiful sentiment.
    Greet Marja

6. debs m says:

love the colours x

7. ND says:

RJ likes that card very much. “A bright card to start the day with.”

Are you aware of the rest of the quotation by English poet Robert Browning?

“Grow old along with me!
    The best is yet to be,
    The last of life, for which the first was made.
    Our times are in his hand who saith,
    ‘A whole I planned, youth shows but half;
    Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!’”

It is the first verse of a lengthy monologue in which he reflects upon the experiences of youth and age, and of the age to come. I find it rather heavy in the main, but he seems to be saying that, at whatever stage of life we find ourselves, and whatever our current experience, we are in the hand of a caring God in whom we may trust.

A good sentiment for a bright card!

8. Great card love all those wonderful colours XOXO Zoe

9. gibmiss says:

Hi Heather
    Fabby card Heather love how you have used Post it notes Thanks for the tip……Gorgeous card and fabby yummy colours
    hugs sylvie
    xx

10. Heather says:

I did wonder what the origin of “the best is yet to be” was. I could think of reasons why indeed the best is yet to be but I didn’t know it was part of Robert Browning’s poem.

Thanks Dad, now I do.

11. Sheila in Cyprus says:

What a stunning card. I love your choice of colours and embossed flowers. Love it! Love Sheila x

12. Gail says:

Really eye catching in the gallery with those bright juicey colours.

13. Vicky says:

A lovely, bright, fun design Heather – I love it!

14. Kathyk says:

GLORIOUS colours and a lovely card

Kathyk

15. Dollys daydreams says:

Beautiful work , bright and cheerful love it.

Marie

16. Dollys daydreams says:

Beautiful card, lovely slinging and stamping and such pretty colours tot !

Marie

17. Stephanie L says:

Heather, this is a wonderful creation. What a clever take on the challenge. I love the colors too.

18. Sue (suen) says:

OMGosh! I absolutely LOVE your fun card! The sponged circles revealing the flowers are awesome!!

19. valerie says:

Wow so vibrant Heather, love it! Thanks for the tip for the circles:)
    Val x

20. mandi says:

Fabulous card Heather
    Those flowers really pop with that technique
    Wonderful!
    Diva LIM
    “Less is More”

21. Beryl K says:

Great summery card
    Beryl x

22. Such a beautiful design, Heather. Love how you first stamped and embossed the florals and then revealed them with the bright circles. Darling card.

23. Ann Y. says:

What fun colors you’ve used. I’m sure it was fun to watch the design appear as you sponged those circles. This is a happy card!

24. GinaA says:

Great cheerful card, stunning colours and love the resist

25. What lovely colours, they drew me to your card and I love it!
    Anne
    x

This one is so much fun to look at! Cheery and bright, with perfect colours!