Playing with texture

Creating my floral panel was a little like designing a piece of fabric.  I started by stamping the flowers in versamark and embossing in clear. Then I added pink by using  a direct to paper technique.  I wanted to create a little  texture in my background  so I laid the cardstock on the stamp pad and rolled over the top with my brayer.  The fabric of the stamp pad as well as the edges showed up on the cardstock.   It was very patchy coverage so I added sponging in many places otherwise the embossed flowers would not have been prominent enough.

The panel was still a bit empty so I randomly added pink flowers.  There was still something missing so I stamped some more flowers in black.  After adding a black mat I was happy with the way the flowers popped, both the black and the white.  So this was definitely one of those cards that evolved.

Thanks for dropping by;  I’ll have another card featuring the same texture technique later in the week.

Stamps: Infinite Goodness, Hugs and Wishes
Inks: Basic Black, Pixie Pink,  Versamark
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Flourishes classic white
Also: Clear e.p.

7 Comments on “Playing with texture”

1. colleen says:

I like the 3d look to this piece

2. sue says:

How interesting the way this card came about! I love the way you just kept adding idea after idea until it was just right. And it is! I love the pink-black-white combination, and that little bit of black mat really does set it off. Lovely!

3. Janet says:

Thank you for telling us HOW you create. Just looking at beautiful galleries isn’t always enough to show me how to try it myself. You are very creative AND generous.

I really like how this card evolved — and that you shared the process. The final result is beautiful!

5. I like putting textures with my creations. It brings life!

6. Anne Parker says:

I like the card, simple, but that background black makes the black flowers seem to pop! Nice! I try a similar technique, but not usually with the versacolor, just usually with the other colors. I might try that now that I’ve seen it.

7. Vicky says:

I love how it ended up – and hearing how it evolved!