Card makeover 1

I mentioned in the last couple of posts that I had cast several cards aside because they didn’t work  for some reason.  They did not, however end up in the garbage, I photographed them and put them in the makeover pile as there was something in them worth saving.

The card above is the made over card.  The card below is the rejected one. It was  the reject that I was happiest with, the one that almost made the cut as it was, but it had a few issues.  One was the badly stamped sentiment and the other was the edge of the sponging.  I wish I had softly diminished the sponging instead of using a mask to create a line.

In the makeover I just used the leaf panel, sliced into three and popped up. Slicing is a very helpful technique to apply when making over a card.  I was going to use a white card base but, inspired by Susan Raihala’s commitment to use up more of her coloured cardstock, I reached for a coloured card instead.  I definitely do have plenty of coloured cardstock lounging around.

That is the first of the makeovers, the others will be harder to do as the rejects were not as pretty as this one!

Stamps: With Gratitude, Simple Sayings 2 (SU)
Inks: Versamark, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White, Certainly Celery
Also: White e.p.

10 Comments on “Card makeover 1”

1. sue says:

Wow, Heather, I think both of these cards are stunning! I LOVE certainly celery and white, and using those colors in both the CS and in the ink, is so pleasing to the eye. Using a leaf stamp just pulls it all together. Lovely!

The first version is very good, but the do-over is beautiful! The green base looks great, too.

3. Susan Bridgman says:

What a brilliant makeover! I always have rejects and it’s great to see one re-made into something lovely. Hopefully you’ll do some more and post them.

4. Valerie says:

I do like the long sliced pieces, I only seem to think in squares 🙂 I like the coloured base as well it blends beautifully. I must get some SU inks the colours are really nice
    Val x

5. Frieda says:

Hach Heather, Du zeigst wieder Meisterwerke!

Wundervoll !!

lg Frieda

6. Elizabeth says:

Hi Heather, I love your makeover although I thought the reject wasn’t half bad either. Elizabeth x

7. Anne Parker says:

I like the simplicity of the cards, but they are still very beautiful. It is nice to make a card, and see potential elsewhere, so yet another card comes about.

8. Vicky says:

I love the original although the line would have bugged me too! Your make-over is superb – I never would’ve thought to split the panel in ever decreasing widths.

9. Joan B says:

both are great. i thought the “after” was the “before”. even your rejections are awesome!!!

10. Kez says:

Mmmm, I like both too, but I do love the do-over one especially. Gorgeous colours and the sponging is so soft and blended, it looks fantastic. So inspirational. TFS