Watercolored Gift Set

Recently a friend of mine celebrated her 50th birthday.  Because her birthday is in late November I decided to create a set of Christmas cards and tags as her gift.  It is a gift she will end up giving away but hopefully she will still enjoy it.

I have been wanting to create some watercoloured Christmas balls so a gift set was the perfect opportunity.  I created one sheet of randomly blended watercolour first using blue, green and pink ink on wet watercolour paper and when it dried I stamped the Christmas balls all over it and embossed in gold.  The time consuming part was cutting all the balls out.  Once that was done I started playing with combinations of balls.  The first card took forever as I threaded the gold cord through the card so that it could attach to each ball and then added little bows.  It was at this point that I doubted my decision to make a gift set.  Things sped up after that and I got all the cards made and finished off with a few tags.

On a couple of cards I threaded the cord through the loop of the ball but did not adhere the ball so it swings when you tip the card from side to side.  I thought this little gimmick was cute; I just hope it doesn’t break off the cord at some point.

Some of the Christmas balls are stuck directly on the cardstock; others I popped them up on stampin’ dimensionals.  For the little balls I did not use real cord, instead I drew cord and bows with a gold gel pen.

Thanks for dropping by, I know it’s been rather quiet here lately.  I started writing Christmas cards yesterday and it seems I might need a few more.  That is fine with me;  I have had much stamping time lately.

Stamps: Short and Sweet, All that Glitters(Flourishes), Many  Merry Messages, Graceful words
Inks: Versamark, Not quite Navy, Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgandy, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Flourishes classic white, Fabriano Hot pressed watercolour paper, Not quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink
Also: Gold e.p., Gold cord, Gold gel pen, Stampin’ dimensionals

9 Comments on “Watercolored Gift Set”

1. Terri (blindstamper) says:

It’s good to hear from you again…I’ve missed you. I always love your creations…and these cards are no exception! Thanks!

2. *Chrissie* says:

Just beautiful Heather!
    I love those multicoloured baubles and the the stamps are just gorgeous!
    Chrissie

3. sue says:

These are beautiful holiday notecards! These would be hard to give away instead of framing them! I do love the watercoloring, and the gold embossing makes the cards so elegant. The gold cord finishes it all off beautifully. Lovely job, Heather.

4. Kez says:

Gorgeous cards Heather, the watercolouring looks fantastic and I love your bauble stamps too. A lovely gift and I’m sure will be much appreciated. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. 🙂

5. doris smith says:

These are all gorgeous! I love how you left the ornament loose so that it swings.

6. Bahb says:

Your cutting job blows me away……..what’s more difficult than making straight cuts look curved? I’m with Sue; I couldn’t make myself give them away. They deserve to be framed.

Bravo!

7. What a fabulous set of Christmas cards, Heather! There is so much inspiration and beauty here.

8. […] few balls to make a few tags to add to the set.  The details about stamps and inks can be found on my previous post.  I’m so glad you dropped […]

9. nancy littrell says:

Gorgeous watercolored ornament gift set. TFS every card. Happy Holidays….