OLW 28 A Mitten Maze

Some of you may remember when Susan from Simplicity inspired us to try some Andy Warhol style cards.  I did a couple with flowers and leaves.  I decided to revisit that idea for this week’s OLW challenge from Jennifer.  She has challenged us to use five different colours on a one layer card this week.  I have only one mitten stamp so it is repeated using the five different colours.

Stamps: Holiday Sampler, Hugs & Wishes
Inks: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, So Saffron, Glorious Green, Lovely Lilac
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White

13 Comments on “OLW 28 A Mitten Maze”

1. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely adorable.

Excellent job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Now, tell me, where can I get that mitten stamp?

I MUST have that mitten stamp!

2. nancy littrell says:

What a cute and colorful CAS Xmas card. Your one layer cards have been just great. TFS

3. Heather you are so clever with OLC!~ I love getting your posts!

4. Bahb says:

You make Andy Warhol look like an amateur! 🙂 Bet he can’t come close to your Northern Lights card either.

5. Cynthia says:

Wow. I REALLY like what you did with this. It is one of the best takes on the 5-colour challenge used on a Christmas card that I have seen (I checked out a lot of OWL28). And your Andy Warhol-esque idea is brilliant. And the way you’ve kept the balance on the card — I love everything about it. What an inspiration! TFS.
    God Bless

6. LeAnne says:

I love this stamp set and it is nice to see that little mitten put to good use!

7. sue says:

Great card! I saw it and thought…..you could do this with coffee cups, stars, etc……and then thought not. Half of the beauty of your mittens, I think, is that they’re going in different directions as well as being different colors. Very nice! and I’ll think of something I can use to copy this!

8. Norman McDonald says:

Wow! You have really scored with this one!

ND

9. How cute is this! Love all the little mittens…beautifully done!

10. So super cute! I love the colors and the way you rotated the mitten! Fantastic design!

11. What an adorable card.. great job on the Warhol look.

12. Totally cute card! And I’d forgotten all about that Andy Warhol inspiration. Hmmmm, you put my thinking cap back on my head. So fun!