Snow laden branches

I continued on the same theme as the other day with masked boxes and sponged backgrounds. ( Thank you for all the nice comments left here, I was thrilled to read them.) Sorry there is no tutorial yet but I did read the requests and would love to do one if I can find some time soon.  I used exactly the same technique to do these cards as I did the snowscape cards last week.  First I masked the image area with post it notes.  I then inked the branch in versamark and handsome hunter and stamped it several times before embossing in clear.  To create the snow on the branches I used an embossing pen and to cover the areas where I wanted the snowy look.  I covered this with white embossing powder and a few sprinkles of iridescent ice powder as well.  Unfortunately as I embossed a second time the cardstock buckled a bit, I’m not sure how to avoid this.  To complete the image I sponged the sky in Bashful Blue.  The lower one has a masked snow hill done with a torn post-it note.

In the card above I wrote my own sentiment again in order to have a small delicate one.  The card below suffered some smudging and denting during the embossing and sponging process so it had to go under the cutter in order to be fit to used.  I matted it in Handsome Hunter and stamped the sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers.  The branches of the pine tree outside my front door look ver like these ones.

Stamps:   All that Glitters, Thoughts and Prayers
Inks: Handsome Hunter, Bashful Blue, Versamark
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter, Flourishes Classic white cardstock
Also:  Clear, white & iridescent ice embossing powder

12 Comments on “Snow laden branches”

1. More stunning beauty! Thanks, Heather!

2. Laura says:

Both of these cards are just gorgeous. Simple yet elegant!

3. Joan B says:

Gorgeous in every way

4. Kathy says:

These are so beautiful. Your little scenes with the snowy branches are so peaceful looking. I really love these- thanks for sharing how you made them.

5. Katherine says:

Those cards are gorgeous! I wish I lived closer so I could attend one of your workshops to learn how to make a card like that!

6. lesliekmiller says:

Both cards are so very serene and lovely, Heather. They could almost be photographs, but prettier.

7. Pure elegance.. absolutely gorgeous. I love both of them!

8. Elizabeth says:

These are stunning! I love the composition of the first one (although they’re all just beautiful.) Very exciting.

9. Oh my gosh! I saw this card get a shout out in the Flourishes forum and rightly so!!! You should check out the “check this out” thread in the FLLC Forum! This is beautiful!!

10. Gorgeous! Very creative and just gorgeous job.

11. Sharon says:

Oh my, thanks to Leslie and her “check this out” on Flourishes forum I did not miss a truly awe inspring card. Simply but os so beautifully done!

12. Kathy W says:

Oh, these cards are wonderful. I love how that tree with its snowy branches graces the side of the card. Very peaceful, calm. Thanks for sharing; I really like these and am adding them to my favorites.