OLW13 Christmas in July

I have been playing around with Susan’s One Layer Wednesday challenge again this week.  It is Christmas in July.  I don’t know whether it is just the influence of the sun and summer but I can’t seem to achieve the outcomes I want.  Neither of these cards are quite what I imagined.   Perhaps the versamark pad needs to be replaced because the gold and silver embossing is not as shiny and striking as I would like.

To create the top card I masked an area around a rectangle, sponged and then embossed the Christmas ball inside,  I added the Noel but if I did it again I would like a different word there.  For the card below I punched squares out of my post it note and then followed the same process with sponging and embossing.   I hope to create something else, so I might be back with another OLW13

Stamps: Simple Sayings 2, All that Glitters(Flourishes), Short and Sweet
Inks: Versamark, Real Red, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Flourishes classic white and classic ivory
Also: Gold and Silver e.p.

9 Comments on “OLW13 Christmas in July”

1. shannon says:

I like them both! sometimes it may not be what you envision, but it still works…and that’s exciting!

2. Mustavcoffee says:

I love the way you’ve positioned your masked areas and the baubles are fine, graduating the colouring works really well. Great cards:) xx

3. Kara says:

i love the ombre effect you have a acheived…very pretty!

4. erin says:

I love the three squares, great one layer card.

5. lililindsay says:

Lovve the graduation of colour. very effective.

6. They’re beautiful!!! You embossing looks great! I struggled to get ONE card embossed!

7. Bonnie says:

I think both are lovely. The embossing with the sponging is beautiful.

8. These are just beautiful. Very inspiring.

9. I’m sitting here puzzled by your dissatisfaction with both cards. From where I sit, they are perfect! It is hard, as creators, to make something that isn’t what it was in our heads and still see the beauty of it. Trust me…these are totally lovely!