Alluring Cut Up

This watercoloured panel stamped with the PB ‘alluring’ stamp has been sitting around for a long time. I’ve been trying to come up with a slightly different way to turn it into a card. I create a great many cards with one large stamped and painted panel and little else so I wanted to mix things up a little with this one. I finally decided to slice up the panel then pop it up on foam backing.

I stamped the original panel on cold pressed watercolour paper and used one of my favourite watercolour techniques. Instead of stamping in a pale water soluble ink then painting with ink or watercolour paint I ink the different parts of the scene with different inkpads or markers, spritz the ink with water then stamp. With some extra ink handy on my glass mat I use a paint brush to blend the stamped ink into the petals, leaves and other shapes adding extra ink where needed.

When slicing it up I took care to divide it unevenly while making sure some elements carried across to adjacent sections. That way the eye moves across the panel and doesn’t come to halt in the middle. I’ve listed the inks I used below, all distress inks in either ink cube or marker form. Oh and by the way have you seen the new distress colour? ‘Speckled Egg’ looks like it might be a blue green or even better a grey blue; I wonder how it compares with tumbled glass and broken china. Regardless, it’s part of the blue family so yes, I will be getting it in a few different forms. How about you?

Supplies

10 Comments on “Alluring Cut Up”

1. Chantell Labuschagne says:

Wow I love this… Such nice and bright colours

2. Bonnie says:

This is a great way to show off this large design! Love how the pieces are on foam to add even more interest!

3. mjmarmo says:

This is lovely!

4. Lagene says:

Beautiful! It’s hard to see if you added the grid over the right section. It looks like the image has a portion of the image removed?

• Heather says:

Hi Lagene, when I cut the panel up I cut the left side off first then when I cut the right side into three sections I had to cut a little bit off each of the three pieces so it matched the left hand side. Does that make sense? It’s hard to describe.

5. I have been seeing this more and more, I will have to give it a try, gives more interest to a full panel card, pretty coloring!

I adore the sectional design Heather and another gorgeous PB watercolour by you, so so pretty! x

7. Karen Jackson says:

I love this cut up panel card. It adds such interest to the P B design. Thanks, too, for the info on Speckled Egg Distress ink Heather : a lovely ‘must have’ colour.

8. tish rowe says:

This is amazing. Definitely alluring. I had to reread your description so that I understood that it was popped up on foam and that you did not add a strip or something inbetween the panels.
    Just fantastic and gives great depth…You have a way of making ordinary extraordinary.
    Thanks for sharing.