A Valentine wish

Rose die cut Heather Telford

In honour of Penny Black’s newest collection, Sending Hugs, there is a challenge on the PB blog and a chance to win stamps. The challenge is running all January so you still have plenty of time to play along.

The rose on my card today is just one of the beauties featured in the Sending Hugs collection. I created the background  by sponging the rose twice through a die cut mask, then adding music, script and some perimeter sponging. The feature rose was diecut from watercolour paper then painted with distress stain.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps:  From the Heart, Music Background, Letter background
Creative Dies: Rose
Inks:  Memento London Fog, Lady Bug (Tsukineko) Distress Stains Barn Door, Peeled Paint ( Ranger)
Cardstock: Neenah Solar WhiteFabriano 25% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper

About these ads

10 Comments on “A Valentine wish”

1. Wonderful background with the pop of colour with the main image and sentiment – so gorgeous xx

2. Cynthia Stewart says:

Absolutely gorgeous, Heather!

3. Deanna Morgan says:

I absolutely love the look of this card. The background really sets off the lovely rose; and your watercoloring of it is beautiful.

4. Jan Castle says:

Beautifully done Heather! I sooooo admire your inspiration and design! TFS
    Jan

Breathtaking! What a gorgeous rose and die, and especially so with the perfect watercolouring.

6. jenscull says:

I am slow getting through all of my emails, but I had to stop by to tell you just how much I love this card! it is truly beautiful! :)

7. Catherine L says:

that is really beautiful – love how you coloured the rose die-cut

8. Greta H says:

One of my favorite cards!

9. […] this rose panel under a pile of scraps  a few days ago. I had created it back when I was making this card. When die cutting a negative rose mask out of masking paper to sponge through I naturally ended up […]

10. Krista says:

This is so striking! GORGEOUS!!