Scene by the sea

scene by the sea

I have used my usual sponging and masking techniques to create this scene but by masking a straight line through the sky and sponging below it I was able to give the appearance of an ocean view.

I sponged blue on the top third of the panel, green on the lower third and yellow in the middle. I then cut a hill shaped mask and sponged green below the mask, re-positoned it and sponged a second paler hill behind. I stamped the Queen Anne’s Lace in two green tones then finally positioned the straight mask to create the ocean in the distance.

The current One Layer Wednesday in on Ardyth’s blog for a few more hours (sorry for the late notice) and the new one  will be on Cheryl’s blog tomorrow.

Stamps: Queen Anne’s Lace, Every Happiness (PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Pistachio, Olive Grove, Dandelion  (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: PB mix & match olive grove paper, Neenah Solar White and Cream
Also: olive grosgrain ribbon

About these ads

12 Comments on “Scene by the sea”

1. Marge Woodruff says:

This is beautiful!! I absolutely love your work. I have tried to copy all of them in my own ‘amateur’ way!!

2. You are the best Heather! You are my inspiration!

That’s the best kind of ocean — calm and serene. ;) Such a pretty scene.

4. Anita O'Connor says:

Oh, my… I am ready to walk along the beach! Your card is beautiful!

5. Rob says:

Hi Heather, I just found a lot of your cards on Pinterest and wanted to tell you how much I love the CAS style of your cards. Very inspring.

6. Jan Castle says:

Beautiful card…takes me to the beach and I can almost hear the ocean! Wonderful job Heather!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

7. Gabby says:

Lovely card! Beautifully inked./stamped scene. :)

8. jmhave44 says:

As always, a beautifully sponged card. I keep trying to achieve this great look you do, maybe one day I might get close. This is just lovely. TFS

9. Gunilla says:

I just came home from a vaccation on Menorca/Spain. Your card is just like one of many magnificent wiews that we saw there. LOVE this card!

Big hugs from Sweden/Gunilla

10. When I grow up…….I simply love just looking at your work…food for the soul, feast for the eyes, glory to the King….

11. Em says:

I think your work is unique and I am trying to work on some of your techniques. I wish you would have a class or more videos. Thank you for the inspiration.

12. Mubeena says: