CAS(E) this sketch 42

green floral one layer

I am playing along with CAS(E) this sketch#42 this week. I didn’t set out to create a one layer card but managed to follow the sketch fairly closely without adding a layer. I used a technique I have used before and explain in a tutorial here. Before stamping the background stamp on the card base I masked a narrow margin on each edge as well as positioning an oval mask where the sentiment was to be.  It took me approximately 325 attempts to get that bow how I wanted it but other than that it was a very straight forward card!

Stamps: Glory of Modesty Sweet Wishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves (Tsukineko)
Also: Narrow satin ribbon

About these ads

11 Comments on “CAS(E) this sketch 42”

1. Only 325 attempts with the bow?…..:OD Beautiful card….LOVE the colour! I shall look at the tutorial tomorrow as it’s late here. Such a serene card which betrays the frustration of the bow…..

2. jmhave44 says:

I am smiling at your 325 attempts with the bow! I would be doing 325 to achieve this beautiful technique on your striking card. Loved the video, thanks for the link. Also thanks for doing the video tutorial. I always enjoy them, learn a lot. TFS

3. Bonnie says:

I loved your comment: It took me approximately 325 attempts to get that bow how I wanted it but other than that it was a very straight forward card!
    That’s how I relate to most bows I try to tie! Very pretty card!

4. smilynstef says:

Absolutely lovely card.

5. Jan Castle says:

Beautiful card…I remember that tutorial and it makes this card POP! Nice work Heather…but then, you don’t do anything that is not Amazing!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

I completely sympathize with you on the bow-tying, Heather. Only 325? ;) As a matter of fact, I already have your tutorial pinned, because it has such a beautiful effect. Lovely card.

7. donna mikasa says:

So pretty, Heather! What a wonderful technique–I thoroughly enjoyed your tutorial, too.

8. I keep coming back to this eye catching piece of art! Had to pop in and tell you that I think it is so Lovely, lovely, lovely…!!!

9. Vicki B says:

Love how you masked the areas before stamping the background. It didn’t look like a one layer card. Pretty design!

10. Bonnie says:

You always manage to get so much depth in your one layer cards, Heather! Love the bow! Glad you persevered and didn’t give up!

11. Jen W. says:

Beautiful stamping as always, Heather, and those 325 attempts at the ribbon were so worth it! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!