Dies Days 4: One die four ways

Leaves die green

I am having a great time with the new dies from Penny Black and one of the reasons is that I can make masks from them. I am using them with cardstock but you know me, I love to mask and sponge and every single die can create two different masks: the positive and the negative. For my post today I used the same die from the Leaves set and stuck with the same layout and design elements but varied the colours. I think the top one is my favourite, the one where I sponged through a mask cut from a post it note and stamped with the letter background stamp. (I think my new stamping motto just might be, “when in doubt, use the letter background stamp”)

Leaves die fall tones

For the one above I stuck the die cut post-it leaves down and sponged and stamped over them.

Leaves die negative lilac

Leaves die lilac

Dies Days 1: Daisy Collage
Dies Days 2: Dots and Blossoms
Dies Days 3: Flutters

Stamps: Letter BackgroundFlourish BirthdayWishesSentimental (PB)
Inks: Memento Pistachio, Olive Grove, Dandelion, Potter’s Clay, Rich Cocoa, Elderberry (Tsukineko)
Dies: Leaves
Cardstock: Mix & Match Periwinkle

About these ads

12 Comments on “Dies Days 4: One die four ways”

1. ColleenB. says:

They’re gorgeous.
    Making sets of these would make wonderful little gifts
    Have a wonderful and joyous day

2. Elisa says:

You always amaze me with your creativity. Now I going to have to get these dies!

3. Vicki B says:

I have some of the new dies on my order form online right now. Love your cards here. I want to make something similar to donate to an independent living center where my mother lives so they can use them for bingo prizes instead of candy pieces.

4. marilyn says:

The cards are lovely, as usual! Could you (or someone) explain what machine you use with these dies?

5. Natalie H says:

Wow, these are gorgeous! Love all the different looks from the one die. Wonderful use of the background stamp, too!

6. Janet Castle says:

Great cards Heather…I think I can do this too….so, TFS!

7. […] Dies Days 4: One die four ways → […]

8. Francie in Montreal says:

Simply delightful!

9. sathyakala says:

Absolutely gorgeous…Great use of dies…U generously share your stamping techniques…So sweet of u…

Such a beautiful quartet of cards, linked yet all different.