A blossom tree

I am honoured to be the guest designer at Scrap Rendez-vous today. I have a short tutorial over there describing my masking and sponging technique for this card:

Blossoms

Stamps: Winter BerriesFriendship (PB)
Inks: Memento Rose Bud, Pistachio, Bamboo leaves, Summer Sky (Tsukineko)

About these ads

15 Comments on “A blossom tree”

1. Denise says:

Hi Heather, another stunning card,TFS. Hugs..Denise (UK) x

2. Karen says:

Can I ask how you got the flowers so pink and the stems green. I really like this stamp but usually only see it in a solid all over color Thanks for always making such beautiful simplistic cards

• Heather says:

Hi Karen,
      To make the flowers pink and the stems green I inked the whole stamp in pink then used a marker to add green to the stems on the stamp.

3. Sandy M says:

Heather, this is beautiful. I’ve always loved anything you do that involves masking.

4. swldebbie says:

LOVE!

Congrats on your guest DT! Such perfect shading in your sponging. and a beautiful card, of course.

6. Mary H. says:

One of my favorite techniques that you do! So very pretty, and thanks for sharing. Will check out your tutorial. Hugs

7. Fran D says:

Love, Love, Love your techniques! You are such an inspiration. Beautiful card and congrats on the guest designer spot (no surprise).

8. Mary Izeboud says:

O you make such beautifull cards, you are a artist for me… Nice to be gastdesigner, I wish you lots of succes and happiness, also with your cardmaking.

9. Jan Castle says:

GORGEOUS!

10. Gabby says:

Great rolling hills and blossoming tree! Like that the tree limb hangs over into your white space. It sort of connects that side of the card w/the sentiment to it. :)

11. sathyakala says:

You are so very generous in sharing your awesome techniques…Beautiful card and great shading and sponging :)

12. Darnell says:

Congratulations on the guest designer spot, Heather! This is another stunner from you!! Thank you, too, for the tutorial!!

13. Diane says:

This is so pretty!! Thanks for the tutorial too! I will be giving this a try! :)