Bird at sunrise

Bird at sunrise

When I saw this week’s sketch from CAS(E) this sketch I knew it was perfect for a little scene. I created it using three stamps from one set,  Tweet Tweet. It just so happens that the current Casual Fridays challenge is to create a birthday card so I’ll enter there too.

I positioned post-it notes to mask around a rectangle and punched a little circle mask for the sun. I then cut a wavy mask and positioned it to create the horizon, sponged yellow first, positioned the circle mask and sponged more yellow then orange. Next I lowered the horizon mask and sponged in green, moving the mask twice to create three hills. Before removing the perimeter masks I stamped the little berry branch  stamp first in orange then slightly offset in black. Finally I removed all the masks and added the bird stamp and the sentiment.

Around here our grass is beginning to look green and there are even some flowers appearing but we did have snow and ice pellets yesterday!

Stamps: Tweet Tweet (PB)
Inks: Memento Dandelion, Tangelo, New Sprout, Pear Tart & Versafine Onyx Black(Tsukineko)

About these ads

39 Comments on “Bird at sunrise”

1. Beautiful, bright scene!

2. Cornelia says:

Your card are always such a pleasure to look at – this one is especially lovely!

3. Vicki B says:

Really neat scene you created!

4. Tanvi says:

Beautiful landsape, perfect

5. Lorraine says:

I love this card. It is stunning!

6. Denise says:

Stunningly beautiful!! I love it..hugs…Denise x

7. paru mahtani says:

So very pretty!! What a gorgeous idea!!

8. Gabby says:

Gorgeous card! Your inked scene is beautiful and the silhouette stamps look perfect stamped on it. LOVE your cards! :)

9. Marie says:

I love the black silhouette against the sunrise colours. Stunning card.

10. sathyakala says:

Perfect scene …lovely background…

11. auroradawn says:

What a stunning little card,just love it…….Dawn

12. Sandy M says:

Heather, I’m a big fan and follower of your work, and I love anything you do including sponging and masking.This one is great, love all the white space and your sweet scene.

13. Beautiful inking Heather! Love all the landscape detail you put into that one tiny rectangle!!

14. moonbud says:

So simple, yet so beautiful, as usual, Heather

15. This is gorgeous! I love silhouette stamps xx

16. Isabelle P. says:

Une magnifique carte très lumineuse ! J’aime beaucoup !

Oh, absolutely stunning, Heather! Beautiful bright colours. I think this past weekend HAS to have been the last of winter.

18. Jan Castle says:

Wonderful card…you met the challenge and then some Heather! TFS!

19. How beautiful! Your card sings “SPRING” to me! Thanks for all your great inspiration and your well written explanations. I´ve learned so much from you, thank you!

Greetings, Christine

20. Gery says:

This realy is a beauty again.
    Great colors.
    Groetjes Gery

21. Jenny M says:

I’m almost there in that scene you created…. So beautiful Heather :0)

22. KatieP says:

One of the prettiest sunrises I have ever seen, including IRL. This is one you should really make a video of it for us. Thank you so much for sharing your talents.

23. Wow! This is absolutely STUNNING! Love your card!

24. Ardyth says:

Ah, the Queen of Sponging has arrived! Love the beautiful colours and textures you’ve achieved with the sponging, against the dramatic black silhouettes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

25. So beautiful, Heather. Love what you did with this sketch.

26. Love the little scene you created here. Great strength of colour :)

27. Anne from France says:

The colours are so daring and bright and work beautifully together. You certainly have an eye for colour and I appreciate the information you give us in each post to those colour combos. I like the way you have almost lost the furhest hill against the horizon and the detail in stamping the branches forst in orange then black is brilliant. It looks just like the sun bouncing off early morning dew. Great observation! Lovely overall design! We have finally got some sunshine after a long, wet and grey winter…it’s like being let out of prison! Hoorah! Thanks for the virtual sunshine too!

28. Anne from France says:

Apologies! Okay, ‘furthest’ has a ‘t’ in it and and ‘first’ is spelt with an ‘i’ and not a ‘o’……send chocolate……!!!

29. Jen W. says:

Your sunrise is gorgeous, Heather, and I love that pensive birdie. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

30. Fabulous take on the sketch! Your scene is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

31. pamela says:

This is GORGEOUS! I love the scene you made and the off-scene stamping! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

32. Darnell says:

Another stunning work of art from you, Heather! Congratulations on the well-deserved honor of being a Favorite at CTS!!

33. alice wertz says:

Wow! Amazing inking on the background. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

34. Oooo…stunning! I can’t believe how amazing the masking and inking looks. What a drop-dead gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

35. [...] to WOW the recipient?  You’ll find that in Heather’s card using 30-156 Tweet Tweet.  Click HERE to take a [...]

36. Diane Oliver says:

great card… gorgeousness. hugs.

37. Darnell says:

Popping back to congratulate you on your second well-deserved win (from CFC) for this stunning card, Heather!! Yippee!!