OLW 132 Inspired by packaging

OLW 132 Inspired by packaging

Hopefully this challenge is not a hard one. So many products we buy are beautifully packaged; I am sure you will find inspiration all around your house. Some of the herbal teas I drink come in lovely boxes and I had planned to take inspiration from one of them but the brand I have right now is not so inspiring. After browsing the shower gels and shampoo bottles I settled instead on a tiny piece of packaging my daughter received with a gift  a couple of days ago.

Earring packaging

I like everything about this little card mount for a pair of earrings. The colours are restful, the layout is balanced and the sentiment bold, but not over powering. Packaging is great inspiration to try something you wouldn’t otherwise. I rarely use white on beige or ivory cardstock but is is very elegant. I would never have thought of adding a tiny bit of pink in the sentiment and nowhere else but it works.

OLW128 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a one-layer card inspired by some packaging.

3. Post your cards online and link to them using the InLinkz button at the end of this post.  If you link  to your blog, be sure to link to the specific post, not just your blog’s main page.

4. Have fun

Stamps: Breezy, Kate’s AlphabetWinter Berries(PB)
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Angel Pink & Versamark  (Tsukineko)
Also: White embossing powder

About these ads

13 Comments on “OLW 132 Inspired by packaging”

1. KatieP says:

Heather this is beautiful.

2. serendipitydragonfly says:

Stunning in it’s simplicity Heather. I love the white on top of the leaves – it looks so right, as does the hint of pink.

Karen x

3. Ardyth says:

Fun! Can’t wait to play!

4. Leslee says:

Love it Heather! I can just see you pokin’ around the cabinets and in everyone’s rooms to find inspiration. And that would just be something that I would do! :) Glad to hear I’m not the only one. Inspiration CAN be found everywhere! Your card is simple beautiful.

What a perfect inspiration piece for you to choose! Beautiful card result. Fun idea for a challenge!

6. Absolutely Gorgeous card Heather!
    Thank You!!

7. Dianne says:

Beautiful Heather the way you did the stamping, I not only use the pkg, for inspiration , but will use the the tea bag holder and bag in my art and use the boxes to store things:):) Never throw anything away.. Have a great day..

8. Awesome challenge, Heather! I had so much fun with it!!!!

9. Cheri Weston says:

I think this is a really fun idea for a challenge. I’m going to give it a try. Gee….so many things….so little time!!!

10. Gay says:

Beautiful interpretation, I love the dotty flowers, x

11. Darnell says:

Your card CASEing the earring packaging is SO beautiful, Heather!! I love leaves and am really drooling over yours!!

12. Anne from France says:

Oh this is so pretty and delicate and beautiful…..I could only find a bottle of tomato ketchup and a bien vu white and red label………….

13. [...] ago I made a one layer card for One Layer Wednesday which was inspired by packaging. You can see it here. When I was making that card I tried embossing the white berries before stamping the green leaves [...]