Love is…

Love is...

This card features stamps from two new Penny Black sets. The flourishy florals are from the slapstick cling set, Longing, and the 1 Corinthians text is from the transparent set, Love Chapter. I posted a little sneak peak this morning of a card made with the Longing stamps; you can see the whole card on the Penny Black blog.

I began the text panel for this card by stamping the floral stamp in Versamark and the text in Versafine Olympia Green then embossing both in clear e.p. I then sponged in greens and yellows and matted in Olive Grove Mix & Match paper. I overlapped the other floral stamp from the Longing set on the card base in three greens and sponged the corner.

Stamps: Love ChapterLonging(PB)
Inks: Memento New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Versafine Olympia Green, Versamark (Tsukineko)

About these ads

17 Comments on “Love is…”

1. Janet Castle says:

Perfect for Valentine’s Day….beautifully done Heather!

2. I am loving these “graffiti” type stamps — what you did with it is awesome! I just love your work~ :)

3. jmhave44 says:

Perfect stamp for the day. And I had a perfect day, in part cause I got 3 H. Telford posts to admire! TFS such beautiful cards. Hope your day was grand.

4. Dianne says:

Beautiful, love the swirls and that its green, great card thanks for sharing…

5. Clean looking and elegant too..love the colors you’ve used Heather!

6. The technique for the verse is brilliant! Stamping both image and text in two different inks then clear embossing really works well. The base card stamping is just so beautiful and creates a lovely swirl of movement! So tranquil! Gorgeous card! TFS!

Wow, what a beauty of a card — you’ve highlighted that beautiful text stamp perfectly.

8. she says:

Stunning card. X

9. Darnell says:

This is really a stunner, Heather. The more I stare at it, the more details I see!!

10. Sharon Rogers says:

The verse alone is just divine but the way you have made these words pop from the card is so beautiful.

11. Wow, this one is stunning! xx

12. Haley D. says:

Your card is beautiful! I am going to have to buy that 1 Chorinthians stamp!

13. Cheryl McAskill says:

I Love this card! This is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

14. LOVEEE the stamping on the top right hand corner! This card is so beautiful and fresh!

15. nise says:

Really like how you layered the inks to get such a beautiful card. Gorgeous stamps that you show off wonderfully. Thanks for telling us how you achieved the look you did.

16. This is just lovely Heather! I love all the shades of green you used. Just really love how you showcased the text!

17. Jamie says:

I love everything about this!!!!!