Snowflake collage

OLW snowflakes

Cheryl is hosting the One Layer Wednesday challenge this week and her theme is Snowflakes. A nice thick layer of snow would be welcome here because we have a treacherous layer of ice that needs to be covered up.

I realized yesterday that I hadn’t created any Christmas cards using my collage technique so I played around and made a few. I had a few card bases with masking fluid already flicked onto them so when I decided to make a collage Christmas card I picked up one of the bases complete with ready made snow. The post-it masks were place before I flicked masking fluid on and then remained there while I created the collage. The order for the collage was:

1. stamp letter background in teal zeal
  2. stamp snowflakes in versamark and emboss in clear powder
  3. sponge in blues and pink
  4. stamp extra snowflakes in blue and pink
  5. remove masks and masking fluid

Have a great day, keep warm and stamp some snowflakes if you get the chance.

Stamps:  All is BrightNoel, Hello Winter Letter Background(PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Teal Zeal, Angel Pink, Versamark(Tsukineko)
Also: Clear e.p., Masking Fluid

About these ads

11 Comments on “Snowflake collage”

1. Kathy says:

beautiful card and thanks for the directions!

2. jmhave44 says:

So very beautiful, and thanks for the explanation of the order of the steps in the process. Happy snow.

3. LaVon says:

BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love your work. Do you use a particular paper that works well with your sponging?

4. Now this one is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for the tutorial xx

5. Kristina says:

Thank you so much for the tutorial. Your style is amazing.

6. Gabby says:

BeAuTiFuL!!!! :)

7. Jan Castle says:

Lovely snowflake card Heather…appreciate the ‘how to’!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

8. Deanna says:

Love the style and colors you used for your card~.Beautiful! hugs Deanna

9. [...] making a small panel collage the other day I picked up another card base which I had covered in flecks of masking fluid and made [...]

10. Just lovely … you make it sound so easy to create something so special … thank you! Anita in France :)