Bethlehem hills

Bethlehem

After I made my first card with this stamp and took over an hour to colour it with pencils I knew I had to come up with another technique if I was going to make this card multiple times. So, believe it or not, I decided to try sponging the scene.After stamping in versamark and embossing in clear on a separate piece of cardstock, I masked around the border  and then chose three colours for sponging the scene. I wish I had masked the card base and stamped the outline image directly onto it because then I could participate in Karen’s One Layer Wednesday Challenge to create a scene. I love creating stamped scenes so I am sad to not have played along this week.

Love is in the air on the Penny Black blog this week and next so drop in and see the Valentine’s new releases and enter to win one of the new stamps.

Stamps:  Silent Night (PB)
Inks: Memento Cottage Ivy, Teal Zeal, Elderberry, Versamark, Tsukineko)
Also: Clear embossing powder

About these ads

8 Comments on “Bethlehem hills”

1. Its a gorgeous! The sponging looks so effective and those colours are fabulous xx

2. Ardyth says:

What, you? Sponge something? That must have been a refreshing change! lol! Love the end result (and I’d love to see the one-hour version, too!)

3. jmhave44 says:

Ah,so beautiful. It really evokes a cold clear night with the colors you chose. Your sponging elevated a simple line stamp to a work of art. I’m with Ardyth, I’d like to see the hour result too, This one would have taken ME hours to do! TFS

4. Geri says:

I just love all your cards. Your sponging is amazing. I really like the way your bordered the image. In awe as always.

5. Jan Castle says:

A very sweet card Heather…the sponging is wonderful!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

6. Do you have a YouTube channel? I think we would all benefit from seeing you do a step-by-step sponging tutorial!

Thank you for sharing the beauty and magic of your creations!

7. Brenda in IN says:

Great job, this is beautiful.

The rich colours you sponged with are perfect for this serene scene. Beautiful! (That seems to be the consensus word in the comments!) ;)