Winter Magic window

A few weeks back I made a snowscape with the ‘Christmas Park’ stamp used above. My first attempt didn’t entirely please me so I covered up the lower part by putting it behind a window panel. Next time you have a bit of a stamping mishap consider trying the window save.

I did a count today to work out how many Christmas cards I still need to make. Many! I had forgotten this one so now it is one less.

How is your pile growing? Or have you finished already?

Stamps:  Christmas Park, Winter Magic(PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark(Tsukineko)
Also: Clear embossing powder

About these ads

19 Comments on “Winter Magic window”

1. Heather,

Thanks for the idea of using a window to save a card. This is my first year making my own cards, and I have MANY to go, so I am sure I will be using this idea. Merry Christmas to you!

2. Geri Greening says:

Gasp! Once again, you have rendered me speechless! Words escape me! I will say ‘great save’ though :) :) Geri

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 04:05:27 +0000 To: ggreener@mymts.net

3. Beautiful and thanks for the idea of “hiding” mistakes. I did finish cards, but before anyone thinks how wonderful it’s only because a bicycle accident in October left me unable to do anything else. Not really a bad thing- lots of time to stamp.

4. Terri says:

Magically breath taking.

Ter ;)

5. Jan Castle says:

Super idea…and wonderful card as well! As always, you inspire!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

6. Debbie aka swldebbie says:

Wow! This is stunning, Heather!

7. Tamara K. says:

Oh this is beautiful. I tried this technique and it turned out just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing.

8. Heaven my friend, just beautiful!!

9. Carol L says:

What an incredible save on a flawed creation! The window is brilliant, and the card still looks sensational! Beautiful as always!

10. valerie says:

Heather this is stunning! Love the window idea:)
    Val x

11. LaVon says:

Very nice. Thanks for the window tip. I have been trying your method of coloring. Trial and error, with plenty of errors so far. Lol. The window idea may help.

12. janice ellis says:

Heather, I look at your work, and there are 3 words that come to mind……simple…..uncomplicated…..BEAUTIFUL!!!!

13. KatieP says:

That is such a gorgeous card

The window save. :D You’d never know this was a save; it certainly looks planned to me.
    I’m about two-thirds of the way through the Christmas card-making, which seems about right. Of course, there’s always a last-minute tailor-made card or two that seems to be needed.

15. The view though this window is magical!

16. Stunning! the window idea is brilliant xx

17. Yvette says:

Great save, great tip!

18. Lillian F. says:

I am far from done with my cards. Yours are so beautiful I wish you would do more videos on your techniques I would love to see them.Once again the cards are awesome.

19. Judy Lawrence says:

Heather – I love what you do and want to try and recreate your technique of stamping with the same stamp to create snow on branches. I understand that you stamp first with clear and then with black and then emboss both with clear but how do you work out where to position your (rubber on wood stamp) for the black stamping so it’s only just underneath the clear stamping?? My efforts so far with Penny Black’s Winter Edge have been very far off the mark!! Thanks, Judy