Pine tree

Something a little different from the past few days but not entirely without a musical connection. There is really nothing to the making of this card and I’m sure it could be done in a different colour scheme such as grey/black or dark green/light green. I used Summer Sky and Nautical Blue and, as I did not have the exact blue card stock to mat the panel with, I sponged Summer Sky onto the card base to frame it above and below.

Don’t forget the “Cute to Elegant” promotion over on the Penny Black blog. There are give-aways everyday this week.

Stamps:  Pine & Star, Silent Night(PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Nautical Blue(Tsukineko)

About these ads

18 Comments on “Pine tree”

1. Ardyth says:

Love this abstract pine tree and your treatment of it! Perfect!

2. A very cool Christmas card, really unusual! xx

3. Bev says:

So pretty. Love that stamp and your color choices. Just wonderful. Bev

4. Carol L says:

This is simply stunning! I love those artistic trees and especially the color scheme!!

5. nise says:

I have been stopping by your blog off and on for months. You are amazingly creative AND inspiring! I LOVE your use of color and sponging. I tried your slightly off snow technique for a few Thanksgiving cards and I must say that they are some of the prettiest I’ve made in a long time. THANK YOU! So happy that you share your talents and I look forward to seeing many more of your wonderful creations.

6. Heather, I have no word to say how I love what you do! So so so beautiful! All of your cards are absolutely “magnifique”. I just love!

7. jmhave44 says:

Chuckled at your comment about “nothing to the making of this…”. LOL. Easy for YOU to say. This is lovely, reminds me of a gallery painting. How clever with the sponging border.

8. stormy says:

i thought you just free handed that.

9. Jan Castle says:

Looks to be fast and easy…turns out really cool and elegant!
    Thanks Heather for sharing your talent!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

10. calamityjane says:

I’m in love with this card! Changing the colors and sentiment could very easily make this a card for any occasion. And either male or female, for that matter! Thanks for sharing!!!

11. Marja says:

Really really marvelous Heather
    lovely greet
    Marja

12. Paulette says:

Hi Heather! I just wanted to take a moment and Thank You for your beautiful card art. I’m always amazed at the simplicity (if that’s even the right word) behind your cards, that give such a WOW factor. I’m moved by every single card you make. I’m so glad you share them on your blog and I get them right in my email box. =D

13. LaVon says:

Heather I love the elegant look you get with a single stamp and ink. Ditto to everything Paulette said. Thanks for sharing your amazing gift.

14. Hello Heather. I am new to your blog but have seen a lot of your work on other blogs. I love your cards! I love your tree and choice of blues here. Beautiful!

15. Cat Craig says:

Heather, this is such an eye catching card, in the best possible way. A stunner, beautiful design, great colors.

16. shirley-bee says:

Love this dramatic card!

Wow, what a perfect treatment for this stamp! Beautiful.