Final Thank you card with a Musical Theme

This is the last of the musical thank you cards for now. This card was inspired by a beautiful card by Laurie of Soapbox Creations. I haven’t found the card on her blog but you can see it on Pinterest here. Laurie’s elegant card is a one layer card which would have been my preference too but I was making larger cards than usual and did not have the card stock to make a larger portrait oriented card. On my panel I stamped the musical background in black on the lower two thirds and the winter scroll in gold in the upper third with Thank You in Majestic Blue over the scroll. The gold edged ribbon looks black but is actually navy. I rounded three corners and popped up the panel on a white card base.

Thanks for all your lovely comments about these musical thank you cards; you are such kind and encouraging readers.

Stamps: Winter ScrollMusic Background,  Gratitude (Penny Black)
Inks:  Versafine Majestic Blue & Onyx Black, Encore Metallic Gold (Tsukineko)
Also:  Gold edged navy ribbon.

About these ads

13 Comments on “Final Thank you card with a Musical Theme”

1. What a fabulous gift set these cards would be!

2. Your ability to put stamps together is amazing! Simply elegant!!

3. moonbud says:

All of your cards are sooo elegant – I love them Why can’t more people do cas cards instead of using so many layers and embellishments?

4. Jan Castle says:

Such a lovely card Heather! You do such beautiful work!!! TFS
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

5. Erika N says:

This is really pretty and sophisticated. Who wouldn’t love getting this card?

6. This is music to the eyes!

7. Vicki B says:

This is my favorite of the musical theme cards you have posted. Very elegant! I think it could ceretainly be used for a Christmas card as well with a different sentiment.

8. Laurie W. says:

Heather this is beautiful! I love the bow and that gorgeous sentiment! Thank you so much for the shout out!

9. ND says:

This is my favourite, too, in what has been a good series of cards.

I agree with your preference for a portrait oriented card which would give the impression of a page of music.

As I assume all the recipients are musically literate and would be able to read the dots on the lines, I, as a non-literate, am wondering what the message is that is being conveyed by the selections from the musical pages that are included on the cards.

Congratulations to you and your musical daughters!

10. jmhave44 says:

Sheer elegance. You have a trio of super lovely cards, that your recipients will certainly appreciate. Once more, congratulations to your family on your talented daughters. TFS

11. shirley-bee says:

Very sophisticated, love it!

Another very elegant card! It’s so hard to get dark blue or dark purple to photograph accurately, isn’t it? Fortunately, I can imagine…