As I have mentioned here on Bits & Pieces and on my other blog, November is concert month for my daughters, the violinists. My younger daughter is a member of Stellae Boreales, a violin ensemble which performs concerts in our city as well as going on tour each year. Touring means fundraising and last night was the biggest yearly fundraiser the group does, a concert and silent auction. My 16 year old played a solo as well as participating in the ensemble performances and we were very proud of her. In an effort to keep expenses down this year we decided to thank our coaches, accompanist, MC and special guest artist with homemade truffles and hand made cards. I was happy to make the cards which were bigger than my usual size so that all the violinists could sign.  (4 5/8″ x 6 1/4″)

As four out of five cards were for men I steered away from floral motifs. As we do not yet have snow on the ground I steered away from snowflakes. Of course I incorporated the  Music Background stamp and for this card combined it with a whimsical tree. The layout was inspired by this lovely card by Charlene. (And Charlene’s card was inspired by one of Karen’s cards) I created the design on a panel by first stamping the music background lightly then the tree which was inked with markers. I  sliced the panel into squares, rounded two corners on each square and added some perimeter sponging  before matting them and popping them up.

Have a great week; I hope to be back with the other thank you cards during the week.

Stamps:  Music BackgroundWinter BerriesThanks, thanks (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Pistachio, Olive Grove,  Rich Cocoa, Cottage Ivy, Elderberry(Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Mix&Match olive grove

About these ads

19 Comments on “Thank you cards with a Musical theme”

1. Edna Burgess says:

Such a cute, fast card to make. Thanks for sharing. Edna

2. genamarie {stormy} howard says:

where did you find that thank you stamp? i love it! can you get me one? storm

Beautiful as always, Heather! I always forget about how terrific two-rounded-corner squares look. We’re on our second day of snow, sigh.
    You must be so proud of your daughter!

4. jmhave44 says:

Outstanding design with the rounding & the sponging on the edges. The blue leaves really pop out. Your recipients are going to just love this card. TFS and congratulations to your talented daughters! I know you are so terribly proud of their accomplishments.

5. Geri Greening says:

Absolutely stunning! This card took my breath away. The beauty, the elegance, the simplicity….wow! A family blessed with talent, both muscial and artistic! :) Geri

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:35:41 +0000 To: ggreener@mymts.net

6. This took my breath away.

7. Jan Castle says:

Congrats to your daughters….and, congrats to you too – such a beautiful card! I must say, one very talented family!!!!
    Paper Hugs, Jan

8. This is beautifully effective – those rounded corners really make the whole so dynamic & I love the way the eye is led around the design by those as well as the stamped image.
    Paula (PEP)

9. madcat2002 says:

Perfectly appropriate and elegant! I love the muted colors and the light distressing. Beautiful.

10. Katie Brandt says:

I find your designs so very inspiring and look forward to your updates. Once again, the simplicity is simply elegant. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent
    Katie

11. Deanna Morgan says:

I love your card. Very appropriate for the occasion. Congratulations and thank you to your whole family that brings “LOVELY” into the world via music and art.

12. Vicki B says:

That is a really cool card! I have that stamp and need to make better use of it.

13. Mona_63 says:

Wow… beauty… Piękna karta…

14. Marja says:

This is cool and sooooo beautiful. Really artwork. Love it so much.
    lovely greet
    Marja

15. What talented daughters you have! This card is beautiful, I love the Winter Berries and the shaped squares xx

16. Betty says:

such a beautiful card! love it!

17. Wonderful shape to the tiles!

18. Bahb says:

This is my new favorite of your cards……I keep returning to admire it again and again.
    Something about it is soooooo compelling. So of course I had to buy the stamps. :-)
    Bahb