Snowy forest

Give me a tree stamp and I will try and make a snowscape with it. I will also try autumn, spring and summer scenes but there is something about a magical snow covered scene that really works beautifully with tree stamps.

I used a technique which I have described previously in a tutorial here: Winter Berry Branch tutorial

I stamp an image twice, once in versamark then again slightly lower in black ink before embossing in clear powder. After sponging over the double stamped image any branches or trees appear to have snow sitting on them.

After a week of cold, cold mornings our weather is supposed to be warming up over the weekend. Which is good because it’s really not time for snow and as usual we don’t have all our leaves collected yet.

Stamps:  Christmas Park, Silent Night(PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark(Tsukineko)
Also: Clear embossing powder

About these ads

19 Comments on “Snowy forest”

1. Jan Castle says:

This is sooooooo beautiful Heather! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

2. Vicky says:

You are the queen of the snowscape Heather! I love this one with that deep blue sky.

3. Riette says:

Oh my that is clever. I definitely want to try that.

4. Such a beautiful landscape and the double stamping technique for the snow is genius! xx

5. Tracy says:

This is stunning Heather. I will have to have a go at this technique. Tracy x

6. Carol L says:

Breathtakingly beautiful! I just love the wintry scene you’ve created!

7. Dinahsoar says:

Beautiful card!. I was wondering about the card-stock bases you use on your cards. I love to use white card-stock as the base card, but I’m learning that white card needs to be good quality. What weight card do you use. Any special brands you prefer? I’m frugal so like to save money when possible. I used Georgia Pacific 110lb card-stock for years but it’s not as nice as it once was. Locally I am able to get Staples 110lb card-stock when I can’t get to Michale’s. It’s much nicer than GP and 250 sheets for $15 plus tax.

8. diana says:

Lovely! Thanks for sharing your techniques. ;-)

9. Pam B says:

Awesome card!

10. Anne says:

This is exceptional! When I show your cards to my husband he cannot believe you rubber stamped them and sponged on ink. He says, quite rightly, that they look like watercolour paintings….such is their beauty! When you apply ink, do you dab or rub it in? I am always tempted to rub!!!!! I love this card, love the stamp! Thank you for your inspiration and for sharing your tutorial!

11. LaVon says:

This card is absolutely stunning! I aspire to someday be half as good at coloring as you. Your work is so beautiful it has to be instinctual to you. I love it!

12. jmhave44 says:

Can’t top all the comments you’ve already received. They said the same as I would have said. So I’ll just say “Beautiful as usual”, and thanks for sharing!!! I’m still trying to develope this technique you do so well. Happy weekend.

13. Terri says:

Love this winter scene.

Ter ;)

14. Linda Rohland says:

Have a question about the second inking of the Versamark on the Winter Berry Branch Tutorial……..When you re-ink w/versamark you say “then add whatever colours you want on your branch using markers…” My question is do you colour the stamp that is re-inked while the versamark in on it or colour on the stamped image ? Sorry, sometimes i learn better from a video than reading instructions.
    Linda

15. Yvette says:

Heather this is gorgeous! Stunning how you create that winter scene!

Beautiful! I keep meaning to try this technique…

17. Joy H. says:

your sponged scenes are just stunning Heather. I really need to try this myself, but I don’t think they are going to turn out anywhere near as well as yours, but practice makes perfect! We have lots of snow in Calgary so enjoy your leaf collecting!

18. Magnificent Heather! Your winter snow scenes are BEAUTIFUL!

19. [...] few weeks back I made a snowscape with the ‘Christmas Park’ stamp used above. My first attempt didn’t entirely please me so I covered up the lower part by [...]