Two sets of baubles

I have a couple more cards made with a bauble from the Hanging Treasures set. They have exactly the same layout  but one is monochrome and the other a little fancier.  On the card above I masked then stamped the pine boughs before adding the baubles in versamark so I could emboss them with silver embossing powder. I added sponging in green, yellow and red (the red was done with a little mask around the bauble so that I could limit the sponging to the bauble only) The Less is More challenge this week calls for a touch of silver so I will join in with this card.

The card below is simply red stamped baubles, sponged edges and strings ruled and drawn in red fineliner.

Don’t forget the Gratitude Campaign continues over at Simplicity.

My count has balanced out a little:
Cards made for Gratitude challenge: 7
Cards mailed for Gratitude challenge: 4

Don’t forget to check out this week’s One Layer Wednesday challenge at Cheryl’s blog.

Stamps:   Hanging Treasures, Flourish Christmas  (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Lady Bug, Northern Pine , Dandelion and Versamark (Tsukineko)
Also:  Silver embossing powder

About these ads

16 Comments on “Two sets of baubles”

1. Mary H. says:

Gosh, when you do 2 cards, I’m not able to choose which I like best! Both of these are beautiful. Tried my hand at sponging snow last night. Just reviewed your tutorial on the treescape, will have another try tonight. After trying to do the sponging, I am even more awed by your mastery with this technique! I really appreciated the tutorial too. Had read it, but forgotten about it. Found the link and revisited it. Thanks for sharing 2 such lovely and actually different looking cards with the same stamps. Hugs

2. Haley D. says:

Both of these are beautiful!

3. ND says:

Glad to see that “baubles” are still on the menu!

4. Jan Castle says:

You are amazing Heather…I have tried the sponging and will continue to work at it…certainly must take a long time practicing to achieve your level of perfection!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

5. KatieP says:

Beautiful! Could not chose between, but then I love everything you do.

6. Elaine says:

Love your first card – really looks like the baubles are hanging on a tree!

7. Both cards I gorgeous – I love the simplicity of the monochrome one but can’t really choose! xx

8. shirley-bee says:

Heather, you continue to amaze me at how you push the boundaries with sponging and masking. Just as we minions think we’re getting the hang of it, you take it to another level! You really are a trailblazer with this technique.

9. Vicki B says:

When I first saw the cards, I thought you added the ornaments to a piece of designer paper. You really created a great background for those ornamnets. Both cards are very pretty!

I like both styles of sponging on these cards, Heather. The first one really does have that lights-on, Christmas tree glow. Nice!

11. GinaA says:

Both cards are just gorgeous , love the for branches on the first and your drawn and sponged lines on the second are a brilliant idea.

12. beautiful cards Heather.
    Love the depth in the 1st one and the striking beauty of the second!
    TFS~

13. Scrapmate says:

2 beautiful cards.

14. LaVon says:

Love them both. Thanks for sharing!

15. mandi says:

Completely stunning Heather
    your inking skills are second to none

mandi
    LIM

16. Nancy S says:

This is SO beautiful! I too am amazed at your sponging. What stamp is the pine boughs?
    Thanks for sharing.