Vintage Christmas

My stack of Christmas cards is growing and the latest I’ve added is this vintage style one. Brown is not a typical “Christmas colour” but I like the warm look of chocolate brown ink on ivory or cream cardstock. I created the patterned strip using the Diamond background stamp and sponged around the edges. A strip of designer paper would work just as well but sometimes it is fun to make your own. The bauble is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, then sponged in the centre with Memento Rhubarb stalk before being cut out. It is not obvious in the photo but I embossed the whole bauble in clear embossing powder which gives it a shiny glaze then popped it up on dimensional tape.

Stamps:  Diamond PatternHanging TreasuresA Wish for Peace (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa,  Versamark (Tsukineko)
Also: Clear E.P. Grosgrain ribbon

About these ads

16 Comments on “Vintage Christmas”

1. Jan Castle says:

Stunning Christmas card Heather…the brown is yummy!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

2. Mary H. says:

You’re spot on…I wouldn’t think of brown when I do Christmas cards. After seeing this lovely one, I certainly shall henceforth. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, and the idea of brown with Christmas. Love the ornament as trim.

3. Absolutely stunning, Heather!! Wonderfully vintage, and so elegant!

4. This is stunning! So beautiful and yes, it leaves that lovely warm, hearthglow feeling! Such a rich colour, what an inspiration you are! I am so happy to have discovered your blog! TFS!

5. Mary Craddock says:

So clean and simple – but not plain by any means. Having come upon your blog recently, I just love your style

6. Maureen says:

I think this is an absolutely lovely Christmas card and frankly, a nice break from all the green and red we see out there! I love seeing what you have made, you are such an inspiration to me. I am a very new card maker and can’t wait for the day when I can create something as beautiful as this!

7. This is beautiful Heather!

8. Debbie says:

Even for you, this is a stunner! (And just when I thought your artwork couldn’t get any more beautiful!)

9. shirley-bee says:

What a fabulous colour scheme for Christmas, Heather! I love the embossed bauble and that rich chocolate ribbon. I shall definitely be making some brown/cream Christmas cards.

Not many people can combine vintage and CAS, but you certainly can, Heather! The little bit of rhubarb stalk ink in the centre of the ornament really adds dimension and richness. Nice!

11. gaby sayer says:

Beautifully executed! I love the colors you used!

12. Ann Y. says:

Beautiful! I love the brown and cream. It’s so rich and warm. I just got this set and I’m excited to ink it up!

13. Emma H says:

So gorgeous – I think I’m going to have to case some of your designs for my Christmas cards!

14. amazing! You really have a way with inks and shading and stamping!
    TFS~

15. Maureen Chandler says:

This is beautiful and very festive! Who knew that browns could look so wonderful?? Thanks for sharing!

16. Haley D. says: