Moonlit Night

One of my favourite techniques as you might have noticed, is to create sponged and stamped scenes.  This one just might be the smallest I have done.  I started by masking a rectangle with post-it notes and then cutting a hill shape with another post it note.  I punched a tiny circle out of post-it note and stuck it in the corner.  With my hill and moon in place I sponged in both brocade blue and night of navy until I was happy with the sky.  I then added my trees and removed the mask.  I did a little bit of sponging on the snow in blue and then stamped the trees upside down in navy and sponged around them.

Once I had removed the masks I could see that it had actually created a moonlit hill top.

To borrow a “Joan Bardee-ism”  Mood when done:  most pleased!

Stamps: A little tree stamp from Embassy Arts, Wondrous Gift
Inks: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Basic black, Brocade Blue
Cardstock: Flourishes classic white

About these ads

7 Comments on “Moonlit Night”

1. sue says:

Heather, this is so beautiful, calm, and peaceful. It’s also so realistic! It reminds me of cold Michigan evenings just after it has snowed. I wish you’d do a tutorial on sponging! I’ve tried and tried, and I can’t get it right. It just never looks smooth. Yours always stun me with their beauty, and this is no exception! Beautiful job.

2. *Chrissie* says:

I love the aura you have created around the moon.
    You have inspired me so many times and you’ve just done it again with this beautiful card!
    Chrissie!

3. Frieda says:

Liebe Heather !

Deine Karten sind einfach GENIAL !!!!

So wunderschön, traumhaft !

Ein großer Fan aus Österreich
    lg Frieda

4. Mary says:

This is so beautiful! Your sponging and masking techniques are gorgeous and very inspiring; but I have to say this particular card is one of my most favorites!

5. Kathy says:

You make the most beautiful snow scenes I’ve ever seen! I stopped by your blog today, hoping to see one and voila…you exceed my expectations. I just moved from an area that never gets any snow to a place that definitely does! I tried out what you said on one of your posts about catching a little snow on my glove and looking for the 6 sided snowflake structure before it melts away. I saw it, and was even able to photograph it…so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing that!

6. boonstoon says:

Beautiful! I also love sponged scenes. This might just be the model for my son’s Christmas card this year. Thanks for the idea!
    Dianna

7. Joan B says:

This is stunning. Your mention of me cracked me up!